See Southampton Heritage Guides – Sightseeing tours, tour guides and accessible tours

Yacht Clubs

Southampton Yacht Club was formed in 1839, it soon attracted Royal patronage and added the Royal to its name. The headquarters at the bottom of Bugle Street were built in 1846. Its Commodore in 1858 was the Earl of Cardigan of Crimean War fame. The building was once used by Southampton University but today is empty.

Skip to content